Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Giveaways Contest Rules
Just want to remind to those who want to join giveaways contests.
Let's follow rules to avoid disqualification.
Just like what happen to me in the past.
I wasn't able to join the previous contests.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to mjcn19 for this post:
  • harlan4096
(21 January 21, 03:21)mjcn19 Wrote: Just want to remind to those who want to join giveaways contests.
Let's follow rules to avoid disqualification.
Just like what happen to me in the past.
I wasn't able to join the previous contests.

Yes, members were disqualified for NOT FOLLOWING THE RULES.

If I may add, WHY were they disqualified? Here it is, 

The rules were stated "before" the Christmas contests were opened. Heads-up thread was posted. 

https://www.geeks.fyi/showthread.php?tid=13652

And then again, the rules were amended to ACCOMMODATE the members who WON'T / WILL NOT EVEN post additional threads. Threads which were meant to "boost" forum participation....

[Image: adjustment-of-xmas-rules.jpg]

One thread and 5 posts!!!!!! AND still there are members who COMPLAIN?!! Imagine that huh...

I'd like to show and set an example here, specifically this created thread. After the disqualifications have been made I sent those who were disqualified,  (1) email info, and (2) PM of the disqualification,  as courtesy and allowed them to join again

Those who were disqualified cannot deny it because I always have "email:cc" and send myself a "copy of the PM" to have documentation of it.

One is mjc9 (feedback thread starter).

To mjcn19 I even sent an email, "Subject: "Thread help" which are tips for proposed threads. See proof below, 

[Image: mjc9-email-screenshot-2.jpg]

[Image: mjc9-proposed-thread-posts.jpg]

[Image: mjc9-email-screenshot.jpg]

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY MEMBERS ARE LAZY to post threads...

Staff are available to help you out. Staff will start you off on how to post.  

An abundance of guidlines "How-to" post topics / threads are there. A "PM" is just a click away! 

Even those that were ultimately banned in this forum cannot deny that they have been "spoon-fed" / helped to post and then "to improve" their posts. Some have been given tips on "how to make a good review -- with examples!". 

WHAT WE ARE ASKING FOR IS TO RECIPROCATE PARTICIPATION BY POSTING THREADS.

Sponsors need to see traffic and additional thread participation to think about sponsoring us. 

Staff and LOYAL members cannot do it alone. YOU NEED TO HELP US.

The forum (as all forum) faces sponsorship difficulties. Also if you will see (sometimes) when we have started a giveaway, there it is, you will see a parallel contest elsewhere. No more decency giving way to have the other/s have the traffic. I remember when host's and sponsors, schedule contests so exclusivity and traffic is opted to the one who hosted first....NOW no decency at all. Others incite competition when there was none before. Others blatantly do this to divide the traffic. Sites, blogs that do not have the "attendance", with "low-forum participation" and "medium-membership" suffer. That is the dread that all giveaway forums have fallen...Even sponsors who previously have made me absorb the "exclusivity / traffic" mentality slowly changed their minds (perhaps partly they are egged vigorously to be sponsored for a "parallel contest").

Sponsors need to see traffic and additional thread participation to think about sponsoring us. Staff and LOYAL members cannot do it alone. YOU NEED TO HELP by posting additional threads so we get additional "needed" traffic.

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY MEMBERS ARE LAZY to post threads...this is "proof" were a member has been spoon-fed BUT STILL WILL NOT POST!

See for yourselves the considerations given.....! See the MYCode-formatted proposed topics! 

Considerations and help has been given!

It has always been given. Those who have been banned here were given a ton of it too! 

WHY ON EARTH WILL MEMBERS (WHO LACK THE REQUIREMENTS) CANNOT / WILL NOT JUST POST ADDITIONAL THREADS TO QUALIFY??????

They "complain" and create a "stir" of "injustice" BUT  why can't they or why "won't they" post additional threads? 

Amendments to cater to the "laziness" (and show goodwill) have been made BUT STILL he/she did not post a thread...

IT IS MIND BOGGLING TO UNDERSTAND WHY? What's the matter with you members?

All you want is enter and win? Then what about the forum? All you want is a free-meal and after eating you don't  want to wash the dishes you used? All you want is "eat" but do not fall in line to have order?

We at GFYI try to do away with the use of Rafflecopter (and alternatives) so contests will remain as simple for members. Just a share (or two) will do it for us here. 

THE LEAST YOU COULD DO IS HELP BY POSTING ADDITIONAL THREADS. 

WHY CAN'T YOU HELP US?!! 

WHY WON'T YOU MAKE THAT EFFORT TO HELP THE FORUM?!!!!

IT TAKES EFFORT TO PARTICIPATE. This is all we ask. Not participating for a FREEBIE is downright SELFISH.
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to jasonX for this post:
  • dinosaur07, harlan4096, silversurfer