Google announces improved Find My Device network for Android devices
Information 
Quote:Google has launched its improved Find My Device network in the U.S. and Canada. The technology is quite similar to Apple's Find My service.

Android's Find My Network is a crowdsourced network, i.e. it is powered by billions of Android devices. The service was originally announced last year during the Google I/O 2023 event.

Find My Network can locate offline devices

Google says that the new Find My Network will allow users to locate their lost Android phone or tablet by ringing them, or view their location on a map in the app.

This works even when the devices are offline. Well, if you're wondering how it works, it uses Bluetooth instead of Wi-Fi and Mobile Data.

[Image: Find-My-Network-can-locate-offline-devices.jpg]

Pixel 8 and Pixel 8 Pro can be located even if they are powered off

Pixel 8 and Pixel 8 Pro users can use the Find My Network to track their phone even if the phone's battery is dead, or if the device has been powered off. What sorcery is this? According to a statement given by Google spokesperson Natalie Johnson to The Verge, the phones have some reserve power, which is used for the Bluetooth chip. Apple and Samsung devices also have a similar feature.

Use Bluetooth Trackers to find your accessories

The new Find My Network service for Android will allow users to keep track of accessories such as keys, wallets, luggage, etc., if they have a Bluetooth tracker. You can use the Find My app by tapping on the "Find Nearby" button to locate an item on your map.

[Image: Use-Bluetooth-Trackers-to-find-your-accessories.jpg]

Google says that the feature will begin rolling out from May, and will support tracker tags from Chipolo and Pebblebee. The service will be expanded later this year to add support for Bluetooth tags from eufy, Jio, Motorola, etc. The Find My Network also lets you pinpoint devices that are located in your home with Google Nest.
Continue Reading