GFYI [Official] AirVPN Father's Day 2021 Giveaway
[Image: GRXEww1.png]

We at Geeks For Your Information are very pleased to announce our 
AirVPN Father's Day 2021 Giveaway!

[Image: J96LgjW.gif]

We would like to thank AirVPN 
for sponsoring us the giveaway prizes

Overview

AirVPN started  their humble beginnings as a project in 2010 by a very small group of activists, hacktivists, with the invaluable (and it was totally free!) help of two fantastic lawyers and a financing from a company interested in the project and operated by the very same people.

Initially AirVPN had two dedicated servers in one country and was operated by Iridium, a company which was born in 1998 and that employed, in the telecommunication field, only persons involved in digital or non-digital civil activism. Iridium took care of AirVPN until November 2012, when all the handling was progressively transferred to a dedicated company (Air) with the very same persons and policies (no changes for the customers, for the privacy and for the data protection, even the privacy legal responsible person is the same one).

Today, AirVPN is operated exclusively by activists, privacy, data protection and security issues aware persons, law experts with the help of the same lawyers, and counts more than 200 servers with high bandwidth lines and good or top hardware in 35 datacenters across 19 countries in 3 continents. The solidity of the infrastructure is enhanced literally every week, so that most attacks (UDP and TCP flood, DDoS...) that caused service issues in the first AirVPN year of life now remain totally unnoticed to the users.

[Image: deXgjQf.gif]

[Image: 2UqnvJV.gif]

AirVPN provides features which might go unnoticed to the masses but which are important, such as separate entry and exit IP addresses on every VPN server to prevent some correlation attacks, typical on VPNs with a shared IP which is used both as entry and exit-IP address.

Through the years AirVPN has cemented itself as a reliable VPN with high-end security features which is budget-friendly as compared to other VPN services. AirVPN offers the user unlimited bandwidth on 200+ servers across 20 countries.  The user can also use P2P connections and it does not limit or throttle P2P connections thus  he (the user) can enjoy top speeds during torrenting.  

[Image: Lkj8I2o.gif]

[Image: UHqfw3o.gif]

For an updated list of AirVPN achievements and donations, see AirVPN Mission HERE

Why AirVPN?

• No traffic limit. No time limit. Access to all of our exit-nodes.

• Five simultaneous connections per account.

• Unlimited and free servers switches.

• High performance servers in many countries

• No maximum speed limit, it depends only on the server load (see here). Minimum allocated granted bandwidth: 4 Mbit/s download + 4 Mbit/s upload.

• Every protocol is welcome, including p2p. Forwarded ports and DDNS to optimize your software.

• No personal information required. When you open an account, you are not forced to enter any personal data, not even a real e-mail address.

• Transparent policies on bandwidth allocation in order to give you an exact evaluation of the performance you can achieve: no overbooking, no overselling.

• We use OpenVPN to establish the connection between your computer and our servers. OpenVPN is the most reliable and secure solution for encrypted tunnels, offering a higher than military degree of security. Forget PPTP or other insecure protocols.

We offer OpenVPN on ports 80 TCP / UDP, 443 TCP / UDP and 53 TCP / UDP. Additionally, every Air server supports directly OpenVPN over SSH, OpenVPN over SSL and OpenVPN over Tor. This means that even the most brutal techniques of monitoring, censorship, throttling and traffic shaping will fail against AirVPN, because your ISP and your government will see only TCP or UDP traffic on a unique port.

• Fully compliant with the European Union legal framework protecting your privacy: Directive on Data Protection (95/46/EC), Directive concerning the processing of personal data and the protection of privacy (2002/58/EC) and General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/579)

• API - Application Programming Interface

• Help us cover our mission

FEATURES

Surf Anonymously
Protection against snoopers, data miners and privacy intrusive entities

• Hide your IP - Get a new IP address, so that nobody can discover your identity through it
  • No monitoring nor logging of your online activities
  • Perfect Forward Secrecy - Through Diffie-Hellman key exchange DHE. After the initial key negotiation, re-keying is performed every 60 minutes (this value can be lowered unilaterally by the client)
  • Additional connection types, supported by every Air VPN server, for ISPs or countries disrupting OpenVPN, are OpenVPN over SSH, SSL or Tor
  • Stay protected with the security offered by high level encryption: 4096 bit RSA keys size, AES-256-GCM Data Channel, HMAC SHA384 Control Channel
  • Make it impossible to identify the type of traffic or protocol you are using, even for your ISP.
  • Connect to any wireless network without risking data eavesdropping between your computer and the WiFi hotspot.

[Image: W8ryKPB.gif]

Defeat restrictions
Circumvent censorship, georestriction and traffic shaping. 

• All protocols allowed - No discrimination toward any service, protocol or application.
  • Internal VPN DNS based on root servers anti-ICE/ICANN censorship

• Port Forwarding / DDNS
     - Without port forwarding, the performance of some applications, for example BitTorrent and eMule clients, would be severely impaired and the services on your computer would not be reachable from the Internet

[Image: NEOtIgN.jpg]

[Image: 9-android-eddie.gif]

AirVPN Servers

AirVPN Pricing Plans

PERTINENT LINKS

AirVPN licenses for this giveaway/contest

AirVPN has provided Geeks For Your Information Forum five (5 x 1 year) licenses of AirVPN as contest prizes!

CONTEST RULES

To boost forum participation/contribution, all who wish to participate MUST have posted in the Introduction thread AND created a minimum of one (1) authored-threads and five (5) posts (threads in sections: (i) Giveaways / Contests (ii) Deals and (iii) Geeks FYI > Feedback (iv) Introduction are NOT COUNTED as created authored-threads). Entries not meeting the requirement will be deleted. 

Members with on-going "warnings" will NOT be allowed to join any giveaways until such "warnings" have been lifted. WE WILL BE CHECKING!

1. Please answer the question below.

"What is the relevance of having a VPN application during this COVID-19 pandemic and why do you want to win an AirVPN license?"

Post your reply as contest entry WITH your social media share.  Please see sample entry below.

[Image: 12-Air-VPN-Sample-Entry.jpg]

2. REQUIRED: Please share this giveaway by pasting the quoted text below in your Facebook/Twitter/Google+ Account.  

(Share is NOT limited to popular social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Instagram.)

Quote:Geeks For Your Information Forum AirVPN Father's Day 2021 Giveaway 
https://www.geeks.fyi/showthread.php?tid=15281

Optional (but greatly appreciated) : Like/follow AirVPN's social networking sites as added support. (at least one (1) social media site)

3. One entry per IP address ONLY. WE WILL BE CHECKING!

Only one entry per member is allowed. Dual entries will both be deleted and user will be banned from giveaway so please be careful.

If there are any questions / concerns pertaining to the giveaway/contest please get in touch with me through PM. Do not post it in this thread. Doing so will merit a warning and ultimately be banned from entering further giveaway/contests.

WINNERS WILL RECEIVE

Each of the five (5) winners will get 1-year AirVPN license

Winners will be selected via random.org and once posted,
winners will only have 5 days to send a PM to claim their prize. 

Please include your details (Name / Email) in your PM claim.

NO CONFIRMATION FOR THOSE WITH INSUFFICIENT/INCOMPLETE DETAILS.

Prize will be FORFEIT if a PM claim is not received within the specified timeframe.

Prize will be FORFEIT if a PM claim is "not confirmed".

The Giveaway will run 
from June 14, 2021 to July 10, 2021

Good luck to all!!!

[Image: FtiUMmA.gif]
[-] The following 11 users say Thank You to jasonX for this post:
  • dhruv2193, dinosaur07, harlan4096, ismail, jamred21, Mohammad.Poorya, silversurfer, Starship, Sughosha, THE RANTER, tofana
GIVEAWAY / CONTEST IS OPEN!

AirVPN is also hosting their "BIRTHDAY SALE"

See HERE
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to jasonX for this post:
  • dinosaur07, harlan4096, silversurfer, Starship, THE RANTER
"What is the relevance of having a VPN application during this COVID-19 pandemic and why do you want to win an AirVPN license?"

In general, one of the major problems of using internet is that the users and their behavior have became the product for their own providers and their shareholders. Internet is not only used to spy on the users, but also used to control them politically as  well as religiously. To keep ourselves away from being spied and being controlled, we should consider hiding our activities from third parties. A VPN plays a major role in this, by encrypting the traffic between user and the server, making it way harder for third parties to know what data they are sharing, increasing user's privacy.

AirVPN is well known, well trusted, well reputed and promising service which ensures that users' data transmitting over the internet is encrypted in multiple layers, without sacrificing the speed. It also ensures that no logs of online traffic are kept, so users can safely use the service. To make myself safe from intruders, including the government and the ISP, I would like to win a license for this service.

Thanks to jasonX and AirVPN team for bringing this contest!

Facebook share
Twitter share
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Sughosha for this post:
  • harlan4096, jasonX
Using a VPN application during this time of pandemic is vital because it will keep you safe especially to those who are under the work – from – home – scheme.
VPNs provide employees with the ability to work remotely while protecting their personal information including their physical location and IP address. VPN providers and internet service providers are flexing major muscle to handle the increased overall internet traffic of Quarantined populations around the world.
For thousands of organizations, the coronavirus pandemic means a dramatic increase in remote access and working from home.  
I’d like to win an AirVPN license because Air VPN has been consistently been offering reliable VPN with high end security features. My experience before with AirVPN before was great and the speed is good in my part of the world. Thank you AirVPN!
Thanks for this contest AirVPN!
My license has already expired and this is indeed an opportunity!

Twitter share of GFYI giveaway / contest code
"What is the relevance of having a VPN application during this COVID-19 pandemic and why do you want to win an AirVPN license?
In cOVID Pandemic,  activities of cyber criminals are increasingly becoming hard to detect and therefore it is very important to incorporate good amount of protection  by employing multiple layered protection which included VPN. VPN helps in preventing many attacks like data theft, hacking etc.  by hiding the real IP address of the user. I want to win Airvpn license to be protected against incidents of data theft, hacking etc. which are increasing day by day in this pandemic. I also like that it offers a portable version and has no logs policy.
Thanks!!
https://twitter.com/dhruvmercury/status/...3736518657

Having a trusted VPN is a benefit especially for those who "work-from-home" because using a VPN gives the user the leeway to enjoy privacy alongside data protection that the user's ISP cannot provide. In fact all ISP's do not provide any privacy as they are all about profit and if they can hinder the user's needs for their benefit they will do it. With a VPN the "risk" of data leaks and eavesdropping is prevented thus those who "work-from-home" are ensured of privacy and secrecy especially during exchange of critical work information. 

I'd like to win an AirVPN license so I can have a trusted/reliable VPN with high-end security features (4096 bit RSA keys size, AES-256-GCM Data Channel, HMAC SHA384 Control Channel and Perfect Forward Secrecy -through Diffie-Hellman key exchange DHE -where after the initial key negotiation, re-keying is performed every 60 minutes). The high-end security features alone plus the all protocols allowed make it a prime catch! To me a VPN is a second layer armor! Thanks AirVPN and Happy Birthday too!

https://twitter.com/damienTh66/status/14...2298423302

Using a VPN application during this time of pandemic is vital because it will keep you safe especially to those who are under the work – from – home – scheme.
VPNs provide employees with the ability to work remotely while protecting their personal information including their physical location and IP address. VPN providers and internet service providers are flexing major muscle to handle the increased overall internet traffic of Quarantined populations around the world.
For thousands of organizations, the coronavirus pandemic means a dramatic increase in remote access and working from home.  
I’d like to win an AirVPN license because Air VPN has been consistently been offering reliable VPN with high end security features. My experience before with AirVPN before was great and the speed is good in my part of the world. Thank you AirVPN!
Thanks for this contest AirVPN!

FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/nixon.rosen.7/p...4476787534

TWITTER
https://twitter.com/jame21/status/1411922175062388736

During the pandemic, many people stay at home and use the Internet at this time and they want to keep their information safe and sound, especially if they work remotely performing tasks of the company in which they work.
Working from home, there is a lot of file transfer and sending information between colleagues.
With such work, an attacker can gain access and steal all the personal information of your company. This really makes a VPN a very important tool in order to protect yourself from this.
Also, a VPN will help you to spend your free time in self-isolation and watch your favorite shows on online entertainment platforms such as Netflix, Spotify and others.

I want to win an AirVPN license to hide my real IP address, encrypt all the data that I send or receive while online, as well as visiting sites blocked in my region.

Thanks for this contest!    
Thanks you AirVPN !    

Facebook Share
Twitter Share
What is the relevance of having a VPN application during this COVID-19 pandemic and why do you want to win an AirVPN license?"

QUOTE:

Working from home and keeping in touch with friends and family in the age of COVID-19 means using video conferencing, email, messaging and other chat tools. Using a VPN service hides your physical location from snoops by sending all your communications through secure online servers. 

It also protects your identity by encrypting all your data. This stops internet snoops and cybercriminals from knowing where you are and what you're doing on the internet, no matter what app you're using on the device.

A VPN is often used to make it appear that you're in another country. This is done by using VPN servers all over the world.

Thank you Jason and AirVPN for arranging this giveaway contest.

Twitter

Thanks a lot for this very good giveaway @jasonX and thanks also to AirVPN representatives for their efforts.
AirVPN is extremely relevant during this harsh pandemic times as it can save the intrusion into our privacy being well known to be clean as air.
I want to win a subscription for this VPN to continue using it for a year being an ex customer of this software.
I already followed them on social media.
My share is below:
twitter.com giveaway share
software enthusiast!