Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Google and Nest Wifi update improves network performance on poor connections
Information 
Quote:As more people stay at home due to community quarantine orders meant to help stop the spread of COVID-19, networks are seeing a surge in demand. Google is rolling out a new software update for its proprietary routers meant to help address that demand.

The new update is intended to bolster the network performance of its Google Wifi and Nest Wifi even when your internet connection is poor. The latest release is supposed to help manage multiple video calls, gaming sessions, and other online activities at the same time without taking a toll on network speed.

Sanjay Noronha, Product Manager for Google Nest, wrote in a blog post:
Quote:"As the product lead for connectivity at Google Nest, I’m a complete Wi-Fi geek. I love helping people solve their home Wi-Fi problems and get the most out of their routers -- and that includes my own family. I have two teenage sons attending high school remotely, while I’m currently working from my dining table. Suffice it to say I’m a fan of anything that gives my home Wi-Fi a boost."
Google says its priority device feature has also seen some improvements that allocate the strongest Wi-Fi connection to a device of your own choosing such as your work laptop. There are stability and security improvements as well. These updates are automatically rolling out in the background to those routers.

Source: https://www.neowin.net/news/google-and-n...onnections
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to silversurfer for this post:
  • harlan4096