Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to fix blurry text in programs on Windows 10
Lightbulb 
Quote:
[Image: How-to-fix-blurry-text-in-programs-on-Wi...step-2.jpg]

Recently, a friend of mine asked for my help with an unusual issue. He told me that some programs on his computer had blurry text in their GUIs.
This is what affected applications looked like on his monitor. Observe the picture closely, and you will see that the text isn't very clear. Did you also happen to notice that even the icons appear to be sort of distorted?

This made it quite difficult to use the applications. He had even tried using beta versions of the programs to see if there was some setting that could resolve the problem. The first thing I wanted to check was the ClearType settings, but this didn't prove to be the solution since the blurry text issue only occurred with certain programs. Firefox, Steam, Explorer, games etc were running as intended.

So, we decided to check whether the issue can be reproduced, and for this, we installed the same programs on my computer. Upon testing them, we discovered that they ran fine on my laptop, and the text was a lot clearer than on his system. We both had the same laptop model, so why was this problem occurring on one, but not on the other? The programs were fine even when we plugged in a monitor to my computer.

One of the applications that we were facing the issue with was Audacity. Hoping that this was caused due to some bug, or that a workaround would be readily available, we searched around the software's forums. Fortunately, there was a simple fix suggested by one of the users at the program's community pages.

This is what affected applications looked like on his monitor. Observe the picture closely, and you will see that the text isn't very clear. Did you also happen to notice that even the icons appear to be sort of distorted?

This made it quite difficult to use the applications. He had even tried using beta versions of the programs to see if there was some setting that could resolve the problem. The first thing I wanted to check was the ClearType settings, but this didn't prove to be the solution since the blurry text issue only occurred with certain programs. Firefox, Steam, Explorer, games etc were running as intended.

So, we decided to check whether the issue can be reproduced, and for this, we installed the same programs on my computer. Upon testing them, we discovered that they ran fine on my laptop, and the text was a lot clearer than on his system. We both had the same laptop model, so why was this problem occurring on one, but not on the other? The programs were fine even when we plugged in a monitor to my computer.

One of the applications that we were facing the issue with was Audacity. Hoping that this was caused due to some bug, or that a workaround would be readily available, we searched around the software's forums. Fortunately, there was a simple fix suggested by one of the users at the program's community pages.
Continue Reading