Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Here are all the wallpapers from Windows 11
Information 
Quote:
[Image: Windows-11-build-info.jpg]

Windows 11 is real, a leaked ISO of the operating system is being circulated on the internet. Many have downloaded and installed the next version of Windows to see what is new.

Wallpapers are always hot in demand when a new operating system launches; this is the case for the leaked copy of Windows 11 and its wallpaper images.

Not everyone can install a virtual machine on their computer just for trying out the new OS. But if you want a little taste of it, we can help you get the Windows 11 wallpapers.

Let's have a quick breakdown of the folders. There are two wallpapers in the 4K folder, these are 1920 x 1080 pixels in size, i.e. 1080p Full HD and not UHD.

The lighter version of the 2, is currently the default Windows 11 wallpaper.

Moving on to the Screen directory, it has 6 backdrops, and guess what? The pictures in this directory are 3840 x 2160 pixels, aka 4K UHD. There's some Microsoft logic for you.

The Wallpaper folder has 5 sets of images; Captured Motion, Flow, Glow, Sunrise and Windows.The contents of the Windows directory are identical to the 4K folder, but the resolution of the former is 4K. Speaking of which, all images in the five sub-directories of the wallpaper folder are 3840 x 2400 pixels.

Unlike Windows 10, its successor has an extra folder called TouchKeyboard, and there are 8 images in it. I was expecting to find some keyboard themes, but these appear to be normal wallpapers. As a matter of fact, these are the only wallpapers in the OS, that are in the 2K resolution (2736 x 1539 pixels).

Did you notice something unusual in the images? Or the lack of something? I'm talking about the Windows logo, which surprisingly is not featured in any of the Windows 11 wallpapers. Well, this is just a leaked version, so maybe Microsoft will unveil a new style when the new OS is officially unveiled.

Some of these wallpapers are really cool if you compare them to Windows 10's images. Microsoft has moved away from its nature themed backgrounds to more abstract ones like that Apple has in macOS. The Sunrise wallpapers are the only nature related pictures in the current version of the OS.

Download the Windows 11 wallpapersThe Windows 11 wallpapers are available in their full resolution on this Imgur album. You can view them, and download the ones you like. Right-click on the image's preview and open it in a new tab, and you'll get the full resolution picture.

For those of you who have installed Windows 11, you may have noticed that you can't customize any of the settings, such as setting a different wallpaper, without activating the operating system. Or can you? Here's a little tip, use Windows Explorer's context menu shortcut "Set as Desktop Background", and you can change the wallpaper to whatever you want.

You may have read my article about where to find the desktop backgrounds in Windows 10. Well, the Windows 11 wallpapers are located in the same folder, i.e., C:\Windows\Web. That's where I extracted the images from.

On a sidenote, Windows 11 seems to be surprisingly fluid in terms of performance. I wasn't expecting it to run as fast as it does in a virtual machine. The new centered taskbar and start menu are quite nice. Hopefully we will hear more about the operating system soon.
Continue Reading
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to harlan4096 for this post:
  • silversurfer