Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22000.100 rolls out with some new animations and fix
Information 
Quote:
[Image: Windows-11-Insider-Preview-Build-22000.1...36x873.jpg]

Microsoft has released the Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22000.100 to the Developer Channel. It is a minor update that introduces some new animations, and fixes many bugs in the prior release.

What's new in Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22000.100Updated design for the Hidden Taskbar Icons panel

The hidden taskbar icons panel, that you can access by clicking the caret button, now follows Windows 11's new design with rounded edges. It doesn't appear correctly after the update has been installed, i.e., has sharper rectangular edges, but Microsoft says that this is a known issue.

To fix it, you will need to switch to a different theme under the Personalization settings to get the rounded corners, after which you can go back to your previous theme. But, if you reboot your computer, the panel uses the sharper edges, which means you'll need to switch themes every time.

Focus Assist Settings in Notification Center

A new shortcut has been added to the Notification Center, which takes you to the Focus Assist options in the Settings app.

Clicking the chevron button in the panel's Calendar section collapses it, to provide room for notifications.

New Notification Badge and Animation

hen a program has a background activity, its taskbar icon will flash a few times to get your attention.

The animation effect stops after a while, but its background turns red and a red pill icon appears below it, to indicate something important requires action. e.g. If you try to close Notepad without saving the document, and switch to a different window, its icon will flash to alert you to check it.

Microsoft Store Animations

The change log for the update states that the Microsoft Store app is now faster. Version 22107.1401.4.0 does appear to be fluid and app listings load faster than the old version 22107.1401.3.0, which used to lag occasionally. The announcement post from Microsoft says that the Store app has new animations that keeps track of what you're browsing, and showcases an animated GIF featuring a side panel for the Spotify app listing, but I couldn't get that to work in the Store app on my computer.

The demo shows the Store displaying the name of the current app that you are browsing at the top, though this isn't new, I reported about this feature in my previous article earlier this month. Another change that I noticed is the button in the top right corner of the Store app, it now displays your profile photo instead of your initials.

Notable Fixes in Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22000.100

This is perhaps the most important change in Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22000.100, File Explorer no longer crashes when you click on the Date/Time button, so you don't have to toggle Focus Assist on to access your notifications. The right-click menu for Volume, Network and Battery have a Settings shortcut. An issue that was preventing the Reset your PC options in Windows 11 Insider Build 22000.71 has been patched. Microsoft says that the Win X shortcuts like Win XM for Device Manager have also been fixed, but these don't seem to be working for me.

The Search window's position matches the Start Menu's, if you choose to align the Taskbar to the left. The Centered Taskbar icons and Start Menu however still have the odd Search interface position, where it stretches beyond the Start Menu's window.

Known Issues in Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22000.100

Several known issues remain unfixed, including the flickering taskbar when switching languages, Explorer crashes for Turkish language users at 100% battery, and a green flash appears when launching the Settings app.

Though the release notes mention that the Context menu doesn't render completely, Windows 11 Build 22000.100 actually seems to have fixed the problem that I had been facing. The File Explorer and the Desktop right-click menu, the menu no longer appears broken.

Please refer to the official announcement page for a full list of fixes and known issues.

The Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22000.100 is being delivered as the KB5004300 Cumulative Update. The Beta channel for Windows 11 Insiders has not yet begun.
Continue Reading
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to harlan4096 for this post:
  • silversurfer