Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GFYI [Official] O&O Software Christmas 2022 Blowout
[Image: dDH1z8u.png]

We at Geeks For Your Information are very pleased to offer 
O&O Software Christmas 2022 Blowout!

[Image: r0eizCD.gif]

We would like to thank O&O Software GmbH for sponsoring the giveaway prizes.

[Image: UYL01hv.png]

O&O Defrag 26

O&O Software GmbH of Berlin, Germany has released a completely revised version of its popular optimization application, O&O Defrag 26! In addition to the defragmentation, O&O Defrag 26 does not only have a disk cleanup function available but also provides deletion of unnecessary Windows and desktop applications with a very helpful check and repair of Windows itself!

• FRAGMENTATION: The number one cause of slow PCs

The Problem: Every file system is fragmented. This means that over time, files will no longer be filed consecutively but, instead, be scattered across the computer’s entire storage area, slowing down access to these files. This problem doesn’t just apply to hard disks but to SSDs as well. Over the course of time SSDs save file fragments over more memory cells than are necessary. This, in turn, leads to a continuous slowing down of the read and write processes, the same as experienced with hard disk drives. 

The Solution: With O&O Defrag 26 the "Install & That’s All" feature takes system optimization to another level. User's can simply install the program and let it do its work. O&O Defrag 26 will intelligently carry out whatever is needed on your PC on its own. It will configure and run all settings automatically, according to the specific requirements of your system. Maximum performance practically everytime!

O&O Defrag 26 has been optimized for automatic speed and monitoring at the same time giving the user the options to manually setup, configure and schedule the optimization of his system anytime according to his preference. O&O Defrag 26 brings "System Optimization" to a new level.

[Image: HFuOf8p.gif]

[Image: BfEqchb.gif]

The newly released O&O Defrag 26 offers a new and modern interface that makes it very easy, especially for PC beginners, to carry out the important optimization measures. The extensive classic interface is retained for the previous professional users.

[Image: qUfDnP7.png]

[Image: H2WRB6i.gif]

[Image: ozkmlYY.gif]

[Image: kHmSdY3.gif]

[Image: mQhS4ss.gif]

The defragmentation methods STEALTH, SPACE and COMPLETE have been optimized again. STEALTH and SPACE are optimized to perform the defragmentation as quickly as possible (faster than the previous versions), while the COMPLETE methods additionally will achieve a complete rearrangement of the files. COMPLETE methods require more time and memory for this but makes further efficiency of the user's storage devices. 

[Image: NHtMiVO.gif]

[Image: NHvNQ9C.gif]

Also with the SOLID/COMPLETE method, data fragments scattered on SSDs will be combined and saved in fewer memory cells. This results in read and write processes requiring fewer accesses to these memory cells in the future. After defragmentation, the SSD works faster and its lifespan is extended because fewer read and write accesses are needed. And as always, everything happens automatically in the background. Even a change from hard disk to SSD will be recognized and the optimization strategy adjusted accordingly.

[Image: iUVMiYQ.gif]

[Image: BeuqmiE.gif]

O&O Defrag 26 is the best possible solution to utilization of all available storage spaces and also prevents renewed fragmentation. All defragmentation methods can be applied to any drive – including storage space, volume and stripe sets – and of course ensure maximum resiliency, extending the life of all the user's storage devices.

New features at a glance:

• New: “Check & Repair” Function.
  • New: Removal of Windows Apps with O&O AppBuster.
  • New: Two Interface styles, Classic & Modern.
  • New: Revamped Design and Engine.

[Image: ZrTO6Ko.gif]

[Image: vqkmPpD.gif]

Latest version is O&O Defrag 26.1.7709 (07-Nov-2022)

O&O Defrag 26 HIGHLIGHTS

• NEW: “Check & Repair” Function

New in the modern UI is the Check & Repair function. O&O Defrag 26 checks your hard drive or SSD for inconsistencies that can lead to problems. The component memory and the Windows system files are checked for errors. After the check is complete, O&O Defrag will show you whether and which errors were found. Most errors can be corrected directly with the repair function.

• NEW: Uninstallation of Windows apps with O&O AppBuster

In a clear view, O&O AppBuster shows which apps are installed on the computer – actually hidden apps are also displayed here. O&O AppBuster makes it possible to remove unwanted apps quickly and easily. Or, if one of these apps was accidentally uninstalled, it can be restored with one click.

• NEW: Two Interface styles, Classic & Modern!

Brand new in O&O Defrag 26 is a choice of two interfaces: Classic and modern! The Classic is the familiar UI, but we now offer a modern interface, much simpler and streamlined for set and forget fans. Simply choose your style and let O&O Defrag do the rest for you. In O&O Defrag 26 you can switch at any time between the classic view with all professional settings and the modern view reduced to the essentials.

PERTINENT LINKS

[Image: RMOLCEV.png]

O&O FileBackup 2

O&O FileBackup is the simplest and most convenient way to back up any user's data. The user just needs to set automatic detection of important files for backup or select the directories containing important data himself. Once set up, the user just needs to to start the backup anytime and O&O FileBackup will automatically add all new and changed files to existing backups.  

[Image: d3Rekze.gif]

[Image: WRHWaGS.gif]

O&O FileBackup enables any user to backup your data quickly and easily. The user can choose the directories he wants to back up or let O&O FileBackup automatically search for all important data. It also gives the user the option of backing up just photos, videos, music, and Office documents, so he has a copy of your digital treasures in the event of untoward disk failures! 

[Image: mugzdke.gif]

[Image: oTTiZuQ.gif]

[Image: tKjE9oX.gif]

[Image: 7kJXJCE.gif]

O&O FileBackup is extremely easy to use! The user is guided step-by-step through the backup process. The integrated assistant also helps you with the restoration of your backups.

• Automatic recognition of important files 

O&O FileBackup can automatically detect important files and suggest them for backup. Select photos, videos, music and office documents and all the files with the corresponding file extensions are searched for and saved. Users can even customize it yourself and include more files in this backup. O&O FileBackup allows for user preference on selecting directories or entire partitions so that only the really important files are backed up, system and program files are automatically excluded. This saves time and storage space! 

• Automatic backup of new and changed files 

To avoid searching for new or changed files, O&O FileBackup can automatically detect these files for the user and propose for it's backup. This is especially helpful when importing photos and videos as it immediately creates another copy of this valuable data. 

• Restoring Backups 

Restoring the backup files is as easy as backing them up! The user just needs to use the built-in restore feature in O&O FileBackup to select the files to restore and restore them to a target directory of his choice. 

O&O FileBackup stores data faithfully on the backup medium and allows for direct read/copy from the backup directory. O&O FileBackup is fully PORTABLE and can run directly from your USB stick! 

O&O FileBackup. Instant. Reliable. Fast.

[Image: wQD0RTT.png]

Latest version is O&O FileBackup Version 2.1.1375 (22-Oct-2022)

Version Changes:

• Completely new user interface
    • Support for Windows 11
    • Speed increases
    • Various minor bug fixes

VERSION HIGHLIGHTS

• Assistant-guided backup and restoration of data 
    • Support for local backups, backups to USB stick and hard disk / SSD, as well  as on target directories available on the network, such as NAS or servers 
    • Manual selection of the target directories 
    • Automatic selection of directories and file types to be backed up 
    • Support of Windows libraries for automatic backup 
    • Full and automatic backup of all selected files 
    • Automatic detection of new and changed files to add to existing backups  (a so-called “incremental” backup) 
    • Definition of file filters for backup (e.g. photos, videos, music,  office documents) 
    • Automatically create an intelligent directory structure so that backups  to a destination medium can be made by multiple users on multiple PCs 
    • Detailed logging of the backup and restore 
    • Definition of exclusion lists, for example to exclude system directories  and files during backup 
    • Provision for Microsoft OneDrive directories 
    • Option to define minimum and maximum file size for the backup 
    • Integrated scheduling for automatic backups at defined times 
    • Automatic detection and adjustment of the target drive when used  on different systems
    • Fully PORTABLE and can run directly from your USB stick 

PERTINENT LINKS

O&O Software GmbH licenses for this giveaway/contest

O&O Software GmbH has provided Geeks For Your Information Forum 5 licenses of O&O Defrag 26 Professional Edition, and 5 licenses of O&O FileBackup 2 Professional Edition as Christmas 2022 contest prize!

CONTEST RULES

Everyone can join in this contest including approved "new members"
    Note: 'new members' must have posted in the "Introduction" section HERE to qualify.

1. Please answer the question below.

"Share feedback to O&O Software GmbH about features of O&O Defrag and O&O FileBackup”

Be sure to STATE (feature/s) and COMMENT on features of both O&O Defrag and O&O FileBackup TO QUALIFY

Post your reply as contest entry WITH your social media share.  

Please see sample entry below.

[Image: VW6M01j.png]

2. REQUIRED: Please share this giveaway by pasting the quoted text below in your social media account/s.  

(Share is NOT limited to popular social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.) Facebook and Twitter are preferred.

Quote:Geeks For Your Information Forum [Official] O&O Software Christmas 2022 Blowout 
    https://www.geeks.fyi/showthread.php?tid=18284 

Optional: You may want to like/follow our sponsor's social networking site as added support.

3. One entry per IP address ONLY. WE WILL BE CHECKING!

Only one entry per member is allowed (unless otherwise specified). Unauthorized entries/share links will be deleted and user will be banned from giveaway. Kindly remember that our sponsors/representatives are always checking the giveaway threads. So please be careful.

If there are any questions / concerns pertaining to the giveaway/contest please get in touch with me through PM. Do not post it in this thread. Doing so will merit a warning and ultimately be banned from entering further giveaway/contests.

WINNERS WILL RECEIVE

Each of the FIVE (5) winners will get one (1) O&O Defrag 26 Professional license and one (1) O&O FileBackup 2 Professional license

Winners will be selected by random.org and once posted, winners will only have 5 days to send a PM to claim their prize. 

Please include your details (Name / Email) in your PM claim for proper licensing.

NO CONFIRMATION FOR THOSE WITH INSUFFICIENT/INCOMPLETE DETAILS.

Prize will be FORFEIT if a PM claim is not received within the specified timeframe.

Prize will be FORFEIT if a PM claim is "not confirmed".

The Giveaway will run 
    from December 15, 2022 to January 30, 2023

Good luck to all!!!

[Image: BS1DJMN.gif]
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to jasonX for this post:
  • dinosaur07, harlan4096, ismail, THE RANTER
GIVEAWAY / CONTEST IS OPEN!
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to jasonX for this post:
  • dinosaur07, harlan4096, ismail, THE RANTER
"Share feedback to O&O Software GmbH about features of O&O Defrag and O&O FileBackup”

For O&O Defrag, I'd like to ask why O&O needs to be connected when you use it? I mean not that I am bothered as long as I can use effectively but why the need to be connected or allow connection? Other defrag apps do not need to be connected to use it..hmm..I hope there is also a way to disable/block connection but we still can use O&O Defrag. Other than that the Stealth and previous features are great! Plus the add of "Uninstallation of Windows apps with O&O AppBuster" is a nice addition too!

For O&O FileBackup I never used it because I never know that there is one! I use the file backup of DiskImage 16 for file/folder backup. I like that it can run directly from USB! Great idea there! Thanks for this contest! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Twitter Share
https://twitter.com/damienTh66/status/16...9319803904
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to damien76 for this post:
  • jasonX
Thanks for the giveaway @jasonX and zillion of thanks to developer for making this giveaway possible.

I am a fan of the O&O Defrag and O&O FileBackup. Both software is easy to use and has helped me to keep my computer running smoothly.
As for O&O Defrag I especially like that it does not conflict with other programs installed on my system, I can just run the program of my choice and still have it properly defragmented.

As for the O&O FileBackup, it's the best app I've ever seen for freeing up space on my hard drive and it has so many other cool features. If someone needs to free up disk space and stay relaxed knowing the data is safe, this is the app to go to.

My share is below:
twitter.com giveaway share
software enthusiast!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to dinosaur07 for this post:
  • jasonX
"Share feedback to O&O Software GmbH about features of O&O Defrag and O&O FileBackup”

O&O Defrag is very useful to arrange defragmented files to improve system performance.
Because if your PC or System is fragmented with a lot of files, it will slow its processing time.

O&O FileBackup really helps me to backup my important files and data.
I can use it to protect and secure my files from an unauthorized access. 

So please count my entry in and let me win these beautiful Windows Applications. Thank you.

Tweet
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to mjcn19 for this post:
  • jasonX

Share feedback to O&O Software GmbH about features of O&O Defrag and O&O FileBackup”
O&O defrag is a top-notch app for defragging HDD's with many modes available according to user preferences like space optimziation, time required  etc. I also like its junk files cleaner. I also like its new disk error check and repair feature. I have not used FileBackup app but I  feel it would be a an excellent way to backup files and/or folders and I feel its backup and restore feature is very easy to use for any user.
Thanks!!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to dhruv2193 for this post:
  • jasonX
GIVEAWAY / CONTEST HAS ENDED. 
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to jasonX for this post:
  • harlan4096
We are pleased to announce the WINNERS of,

GFYI [Official] O&O Software Christmas 2022 Blowout 
https://www.geeks.fyi/showthread.php?tid=18284

[Image: WVkwT0X.png] 

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Winner#1 -  tarekma7

Winner#2 - dhruv2193

Winner#3 - dinosaur07

Winner#4 - damien76

Winner#5 - mjcn19

Please include your Name/Email in your win claim

NO CONFIRMATION TO THOSE WHO WILL GIVE INCOMPLETE DATA

Prize will be FORFEIT if a PM claim is not received within the specified timeframe.

Prize will be FORFEIT if a PM claim is "not confirmed".

THANK YOU!!!!
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to jasonX for this post:
  • dhruv2193, dinosaur07, harlan4096