Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The new Ashampoo® Photo Optimizer 10 is HERE!

[Image: pntld9D.gif]

Ashampoo® Photo Optimizer 10  is the easy way to enhance photos. The program comes with its highly sophisticated image algorithm in addition to manual adjustments and numerous filter effects.

The new Ashampoo® Photo Optimizer 10 offers enhanced automated editing for single images or entire image folders at the click of a button. The sophisticated algorithm auto-enhances photos with stunning results. This "10th anniversary edition" comes with "lookup table support" (LUT) and features over 30 expertly crafted LUTs that can instantly transform the mood in all the user's photos, from pleasantly warm to chillingly cold and retro colors. 

Photo Optimizer 10 also includes several tools for manual image editing that fix perspectives, straighten image horizons and apply various effects. The user interface has been designed with simplicity in mind and features sliders for brightness, contrast, gamma and other settings. Common operations like rotating and mirroring are equally intuitive and so are watermarking and text insertions. Artistic effects like image aging and oil painting allow users to unleash their creativity. A 'split view' makes comparing original and optimized images extra easy. Photo Optimizer 10's learning curve is average and not steep for beginners to fully appreciate the brilliant results instantly. 

[Image: mtFT9au.gif]

The "Basics" category makes rotating, mirroring or cropping your photos as easy as can be along with optimization for text- and image-based watermarks or just plain text. The "Correction" category makes adjusting brightness, exposure, gamma and even perspective issues plus many other settings with straightforward ease. There is a "Face" category where red eyes, skin impurities or spots, that ruin so many portrait shots, are now gone in a matter of seconds. 

The "Effects" category offers multiple built-in artistic effects is where the user can let his creativity really shine. Here, Ashampoo® Photo Optimizer 10  offers a function to "Image Age" photos, apply double exposure effects or turn them into elegant oil paintings, sketch or posterize images! The "Manipulate" category adds additional features such as cloning an area of the photo, adding motion blur / adaptive blurs, swirl as well as implode or explode photos. 

Version 10 takes it one step further with "Filter / LUTS" -- A 'new lookup table' (LUT) support opens the door to thousands of artistic effects that modify color, saturation, and brightness values at the click of a button to create stunning atmospheres from cold and factual to warm and colorful! Over 30 built-in and expertly crafted LUTs are provided for the user to transform photos into brilliant works of art at the click of a button!

The user interface has been kept simple and straightforward to avoid lengthy learning curves and perform image editing with great results almost out of the box. Version 10 is fully Windows 11 compatible, features a new contrast-optimized interface, and offers significantly better stability and speed than its predecessors.

[Image: kiPEOlW.png]

FEATURES AT A GLANCE:

• Significantly enhanced image auto-optimization
  • Brilliant perspective corrections for natural lines
  • Manual color temperature adjustments
  • Tonal curve adjustments
  • On-demand visual mood swings with LUTs
  • More than 30 stunning LUTs included
  • Download and use LUTs from the internet

[Image: tQyCBRS.gif]

[Image: 74B60Sw.gif]

Optimizing images
Upon program launch, the user is prompted to add a file / folder. This action can also be done via the "File Menu" or the buttons provided at the bottom of the preview pane. The split-view can be adjusted accordingly at the bottom right-corner of the preview pane. The split view will show the "Original" and the "Optimized" photo for ease of comparison. 

[Image: R2y4GwZ.gif]

Photo optimization is offered via six (6) categories: (i) Basics, (ii) Correction, (iii) Face, (iv) Effects, (v) Filter / LUTS and (vi) Manipulate. An "Export" category is provided for user preference where and how to use his optimized image/photo. Kindly see the features offered in each category below. The user can set his "Favorites" -- his most commonly / often used features / categories for faster access and editing. 

[Image: HhzMdM9.gif]

Basics

• Rotate / Mirror
  • Free Rotation
  • Crop
  • Resize
  • Watermark
  • Text
  • Delete

[Image: uMJfMZc.gif]

Correction

• Light Curves
  • Color
  • Straighten Horizon
  • Perspective
  • Crop
  • Sharpen
  • Adaptive Sharpen

[Image: Z4vlpQv.gif]

[Image: M3tqyxr.gif]

[Image: 2Sxzf3U.gif]

Face
  • Remove Red Eyes
  • Whiten Teeth
  • Remove Spots

[Image: cUBigey.gif]

[Image: OknnfsS.gif]

[Image: wXTVjWS.gif]

[Image: T9MfG8E.gif]

Effects

• Image Age
  • Image Overlay
  • Frame
  • Emboss
  • Shade
  • Blue Shift
  • Oilpaint
  • Charcoal
  • Sketch
  • Posterize
  • Solarize
  • Threshold
  • Adaptive Threshold

[Image: OLufV6V.gif]

Filter / LUTS

• Standard Filters
  • Own Filters

[Image: BrrmgUH.gif]

Manipulate

• Clone Area
  • Blur
  • Motion Blur
  • Adaptive Blur
  • Noise
  • Median
  • Spread
  • Shear
  • Wave
  • Swirl
  • Implode / Explode

Export

• Email
  • Ashampoo Web Upload
  • Wallpaper
  • Print

Ashampoo Photo Optimizer v10.0.0 (2023/11/27)

Highlights

• Significantly enhanced image auto-optimization
  • Brilliant perspective corrections for natural lines
  • Manual color temperature adjustments
  • Tonal curve adjustments
  • On-demand visual mood swings with LUTs
  • More than 30 stunning LUTs included
  • Download and use LUTs from the internet

[Image: XZ6sl6k.gif]

PERTINENT LINKS

NOTES:

I have used 'Ashampoo® Photo Optimizer 9' and comparing 'Ashampoo® Photo Optimizer 10' with it (ver9) it is almost the same with the exception of the "Filter / LUTS". I also encountered the same issues. 

During the test of Ashampoo® Photo Optimizer 10 I cannot help but notice a lack of 'right-click function'. This has been also evident in version 9. I do not understand why can't Ashampoo add a 'right-click function' to make it easier for the user. Due to this, the user has to go through the menus almost always. Yes, the categories / functions are there just a short distance from the work area but in any application or photo editing app, the 'right-click function' is very helpful. I remember when I was starting with Photoshop 2000. I did not know the menu to use and the 'right-click function' save time for me. I think Ashampoo® Photo Optimizer 10 should expand more on this. 

Interface is user friendly (the same as version 9) but I also noticed that an "undo / redo button are STILL not that visibly present in the preview pane. They are bunched together in the right-corner portion. The Auto optimize (formerly orange button in version 9 -- now blue in version 10) takes much space there. 

The scroll bar at the bottom of the preview pane is so "thin" and it is a pain to use. Take a look at the image below (version 9 scrollbar is also the same). When the colors of an image are many and say, "light", the user will have a hard time "seeing" the scrollbar. A "hand tool" is the one that the preview pane needs. Even PDF apps like the freeware Foxit Reader has a "hand tool" to augment scrolling functions!

[Image: ZQf9wKS.png]

[Image: 9pbEm3W.png]

As with version 9, users must take note (and remember) that Ashampoo® Photo Optimizer 10 IS NOT a full-pledge image editor. The name says, Photo Optimizer, so the lack of effects and functions can be 'forgivable'. Afterall, it IS NOT Ashampoo Photo Commander

For simple photo optimization (NOT editing) Photo Optimizer 10 can suffice for any new users and even intermediate ones if he wants a fast way of optimizing -- making photos look good at the very least. The built-in sample images (the same as version 9) I call advertisements because they all look great! No optimization (or very little is needed)! As mentioned, Ashampoo® Photo Optimizer 10 can suffice though optimization is not that great especially with the red-eye removal. It will take the user sometime to get rid of just one red-eye and the circular selection (again, as in version 9) cannot be re-located that easily. Repetition will always be evident. Continuous usage and practice will make your work perfect here. 

[Image: Z4vlpQv.gif]

The "Effects" functions, (i) Image Age and  (ii) Frame are good by the way. Render is very good! But the "Image overlay" is so... The given functions though (such as the "Image Age" and "Frame") do not have a "name" or a "title" so if you want to know what the heck have you applied, you're in a fix! In the frames even when the frame is "Christmas theme" not even a title to it. In the "Image Age",  you'll never know what is it that you have chosen! You will just see a variety of old images without anything to call it. 

[Image: sHBS30x.gif]

[Image: cUBigey.gif]

For a fast-fix photo optimization, Ashampoo® Photo Optimizer 10 is recommended for beginners and intermediate users. Advanced users will see what is lacking and will look elsewhere. "Ashampoo® Photo Optimizer 10 : When your photos just need to be better" (same as 'Ashampoo® Photo Optimizer 9'). Yes, I agree. Just better. NOT GREAT.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to jasonX for this post:
  • dinosaur07, harlan4096