Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What you should do after the September 2018 Facebook Hack
Information 
[Image: facebook-security-login.png]
Quote:Facebook revealed on September 28, 2018 that attackers managed to exploit a vulnerability on the site that allowed them to take over accounts of Facebook users.
The issue, which affected about 50 million Facebook accounts and potentially 50 million more, used a vulnerability in Facebook's "View As" feature that allows Facebook users to view their profile pages as another user.
Facebook users need to select the "three dots" menu on their profile page and select the "View As" option displayed as an option when they do.
Full reading: https://www.ghacks.net/2018/09/29/what-y...book-hack/
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to harlan4096 for this post:
  • akiratoriyama, jasonX, silversurfer, wwd
Another day...another breach....Most of Facebook users who are "millennials" are always logged-in and almost always do not log-off. Also most of them do not change their password often. They take Facebook like an "install-and-leave-app". That is "imho" not good as it exposes you to bad people. Adaptation of proper security is also questionable there. As Facebook should be the first and foremost the protector of it's users but we have all seen this before in Yahoo, Gmail etc. So it is the user who should also be aware how to protect themselves properly. But if you have no time then it is inevitable that you will be breached. So let us all be careful and teach those that we can.
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to jasonX for this post:
  • akiratoriyama, harlan4096, silversurfer, wwd
In my opinion, no normal person uses FB on a daily basis. I understand that you can have an account to enter a thematic group in which we can learn something interesting.
But do not give real and real events, places, photos ...
I have good friends who are really ok, and I have no idea why they write about everything on fb, giving their pictures and their children ...
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to wwd for this post:
  • harlan4096, jasonX, silversurfer
(01 October 18, 17:01)wwd Wrote: In my opinion, no normal person uses FB on a daily basis. I understand that you can have an account to enter a thematic group in which we can learn something interesting.
But do not give real and real events, places, photos ...
I have good friends who are really ok, and I have no idea why they write about everything on fb, giving their pictures and their children ...

Exactly there....why indeed? I guess some really want to make people know how "cool" they are or something....bragging or just plain wanna show the world his life/lifestyle without a care in the world --feel good thingy..
Those "some people" seems to fall on the bracket older than the "millennials" and are more experienced on breaches etc..but there are some also that really give a damn only when they get hit and then they scratch their heads and wonder.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to jasonX for this post:
  • silversurfer, wwd
Am deleting my facebook account soon. Honestly, after their Cambridge Analytica scandal, I've been slowly been cleaning my timeline. FB is just a data mine now.
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to akiratoriyama for this post:
  • harlan4096, phoenix, silversurfer, wwd
(02 October 18, 07:06)akiratoriyama Wrote: FB is just a data mine now.

Good choice, ditched mine a couple years ago before it got as bad as it is now. 

(02 October 18, 07:06)akiratoriyama Wrote: FB is just a data mine now.
It is literally a tool/weapon.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to phoenix for this post:
  • akiratoriyama, harlan4096