Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Avast Blog_News: Hottest gadgets at CES this year – including Avast’s Omni
Information 
Quote:
[Image: TVDumYE.png]

Take a sneak peek at the Consumer Electronics Show’s best devices, and the award-winning network security system that can keep them all safe

If you like to follow what’s new in tech, you know that the Consumer Electronics Show held each January in Las Vegas is where the latest gadgets, smart devices, handhelds, and AR/VR tech make their debut. But before Vegas, media and analysts are given a sneak peek at the most exciting of this year’s products at CES Unveiled in New York.

Cybersecurity today must figure out how to address the vulnerabilities of all the latest “smart” devices, and The Avast Blog was lucky enough to be there and see the smart home products that will be the talk of Vegas next year. Here are a few of the most notable.

Digital health assistant Pria checks in on you so you don’t forget to check in on yourself. Like a Big Hero 6 without the marshmallowy body, Pria lives in your home and helps you keep track of medication regimens by dispensing medications according to your programmed schedule. Pria asked me about my water intake, my mood, and my exercise goals for the day before promising to dispense me a green Skittle as “medicine.” For people with chronic health conditions, complex medication schedules or limited mobility, Pria offers reminders, relevant information, and a smiling digital face.

While the Pria is offered by well-known consumer brand Black & Decker, it’s always important to think about the information that a device like this can collect and what can be done with that information. We looked at Pria’s privacy policy and noted that they reserve the right to share information with third parties. The guidelines seem broad and are difficult enough to understand that we weren’t sure what kinds of permissions we were giving away. Black & Decker is also not necessarily a health-care brand, so we can’t be sure how well they understand how to handle health data.

The health trend didn’t stop there. Myx Fitness combines a stationary bike, floor exercise equipment, and video trainer with a focus on positive psychology. It’s like Noom and Peleton had a baby.

Sony delivered its second litter of Aibo, a voice-controlled companion that will follow you around, run, sit, fetch, and scan your family member’s faces and learn their preferences using AI. At a price tag of nearly $3,000 US, it might not be for everyone. A real dog might be less expensive (and a better snuggler).

Remember The Club? LoJack? Well LoJack is getting disrupted by Bmmpr – a little device that plugs into your car and lets you keep track of your ride. It can tell you if your car has been tapped, hit, moved, or otherwise messed with.
Continue Reading